Saturday 23 October 2010

The Original State of Our House


Having owned this house for all of one day, I have taken lots of photos to record for posterity the original state of the inside of the house, as I have done some work outside and posted a number of photos already.  Here are a few of my efforts today of the general condition, mostly showing signs of lots of damp:
Kitchen fireplace

Kitchen floor
Main Bedroom
3rd Bedroom (one of four holes in ceilings)
Hall Arch from stairs
Lounge

Paper holding plaster to wall!


Small Bathroom
Stairs with 2nd bedroom on left

Interesting wooden corner feature in plaster

3 comments:

Suzi said...

Lovely photos, Dad! Can't wait to see it in person in a few days' time. I won't forget my video camera, promise! I'll even throw in a tripod for you, won't cost you anything extra. x

Anonymous said...

hi
wwe have these wooden edges all over our house and I think they might be the ancient way of doing a corner with plaster and not having the modern metal strip..

Matthew C said...

You're right. When we removed the old plaster it was quite clear that this was their purpose, although they were only in the hall, lounge and front bedroom. It's a P shape cross section and the flat bit is attached to wooden blocks in the brick wall.