Thursday 8 March 2012

Another Ghost Story

I wrote last year (see this page) about a slightly spooky experience when I smelled perfume whilst stripping paint off a window cill.  Well, I've had another little experience which worried me for a few days.

Whilst working in our new kitchen, I had the distinct impression of someone or something in the garden going past the kitchen sash window - you know, just a movement in your peripheral vision.  The first couple of times, I ignored this as just a quirk of my eyesight but, after a few occasions on different days and times, I wondered to Jane whether I was seeing things.  She said sympathetically that I must be due to see an optician (which is probably true).  Personally, I was wondering if it was my guardian angel working overtime on keeping me safe from various near accidents whilst working on this house.

Then, a couple of days ago, I was looking out of the sash window (at the pile of logs still awaiting splitting with my Christmas present, if you want to know) when a
shape appeared in front of me!  It wasn't at all frightening because I knew what the shape was made of - it was the output from our condensing boiler!  These little clouds don't always rise up as they are not particularly hot (which is what is special about a condensing boiler - it cools the output and re-uses some of the heat, making it more efficient).  In the wind we have had recently, these nice little clouds have dropped down and been blown a couple of yards along the side of the house, past the kitchen window.  Just enough for me to see some movement in my peripheral vision, and never enough to be seen if then I looked up quickly.  How nice to have a logical explanation of the mysterious wraith.

No comments: